Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Don't be shy to say Merry Christmas!

I published this previously, I want to say the same this year.

Happy holidays, is the politically correct wording I am bombarded with for the last few years.

Honestly I have no idea what they are wishing for?!!!

I am not a believer in any institutionalized religion, in fact I rarely think of the theological meaning of religions, on the practical side I can observe that most wars were waged by men in the name of God.

I come from a Muslim Arab background.
During my childhood every year I waited for Christmas time impatiently and with expectation.
This year too, I will be sitting with my loved ones around a tree on Christmas eve sharing presents, waiting for a delicious dinner.
I have spent most of this month trying to think of the best present I will get for each of my loved ones.
I changed my notebook wallpaper to show the Christmas spirit.
I am intending to spend a Merry Christmas and I want people to wish me a Merry Christmas!

I do not understand why people are shying away from wishing each other a Merry Christmas.
Most atheists celebrate Christmas saying it is an extension of Saturnalia.
Most Christians of any of the tens of denominations celebrate Christmas whether they are believers or not.
Many Muslims celebrate Christmas, they enjoy sharing in the festivities, and after all Christ is a prophet of Islam!
In India, which has the largest population of Hindus in the world, Christmas is a national holiday and is celebrated as a festival by many Hindu families. And it coincides with Pancha Ganapati, which is a five-day holiday that begins on Dec. 21 feasts and gift giving.

All children around the world love to celebrate Christmas.

The only people who refuse to celebrate Christmas and are offended if you wish them Merry Christmas are intolerant people that practice Islam,  Hinduism, or any other religion, in addition to extremist atheists, and fundamentalists Christians who see Santa and Christmas trees as a commercialization of Christmas.

Why pander to them and say happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas?!

I love to celebrate Christmas, Easter, Fitr, Adha, and any other occasion that includes children laughter, good food, and fun!

So nobody will convince me to replace Merry Christmas with Happy holidays! 

ho ho ho!


Beirut is a nice city where Christians and Muslims enjoy their Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment